WE’VE GONE VIRTUAL! (FOR Information on IN STUDIO Camps go to Summer Camp Calendar ABOVE)
We at the Art Workshop, can’t wait to bring you our fun and comprehensive online camps. Our goal is to make it as close to a real camp experience as possible. We love our campers and don’t want them to miss out on having a cool experience with us this summer!
Here’s what we envision and some comments on how our camp would be different from other online classes or camps
1) Our camp will include all materials needed for the week. The project materials and t-shirt would be packed up each week for you to pick up on Monday if you live in Cincinnati. If you live out of town, your supplies can be mailed to you or you can purchase the camp without supplies. We are talking about seriously nice supplies. ( Between $20 and $25 value) This would allow the kids to do everything that they would do at our regular camp and have the same quality.
2) Our 5 weekly projects would be videotaped and put on YouTube for you to watch any time of the day. You may watch them as many times as you want and stop and start them. Our lessons include all supplies needed for the project, an art history reference(artist or time period), explanations of art vocabulary, a demonstration, and of course, FUN.. The project video will only be available to enrolled students.
3) A PDF will be attached to the video in case you want to read or print out the project lesson.
4) An optional Zoom session would be held once a day between 3-4:00pm for kids to ask the teacher a question, get help on the project or show off what they have made.
5.) Photos of your artwork can be sent to your teacher so that on Friday we can have an optional Art Show with the kids who have participated that week. Their artwork will be posted on our website Gallery for everyone to see. The Gallery will be available to share with grandparents and friends.
6) Pottery wheel camp will be replaced by hand-building clay projects. Instead of using all regular firing clay, we would include a combination of different kinds of clays that will not have to be fired. The artwork that needs to be fired will have to be returned to us at the end of the week and picked up after they are fired.
7.) There are special things about our camps that we can not send home. But we will do our best to help the kids have a fun experience. There will be surprises in every kit sent home or mailed.
8.) Try these virtual camps and for any reason don’t like it, you will get a full refund (less the cost of supplies).
SO GIVE THE KIDS SOMETHING TO LOOK FORWARD TO AND SIGN THEM UP FOR THE BEST ART CAMP IN TOWN. NO KIDDING, WE ARE RATED IN THE TOP BY
CINCINNATI FAMILY MAGAZINE.
THESE CAMPS ARE AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE ANYTIME AND THE SUPPLY KITS CAN BE SHIPPED ANYWHERE IN THE U.S.
JUNE 22 This camp will be added
PRICING FOR VIRTUAL CAMPS
One virtual camp with supply kit-$125
One virtual CLAY camp with supply kit- $150
Virtual package of 3 camps with supply kits-$ 350
Extra kit for siblings $25
AFTER PAYING FOR CAMPS, DON’T FORGET TO REGISTER IF YOU HAVEN’T ALREADY.
INCLUDE YOUR ADDRESS IF YOU NEED A SUPPLY KIT SHIPPED TO YOU
SHIPPING COST WILL BE EXTRA
Take a moment to select your camp and complete your registration by clicking the link above and then return to this page to make your payment.
What makes our camps different?
Certified art teachers, small class sizes, and super creative subjects make us different.
Our self-guided approach allows kids to create and explore all aspects of art, try new mediums, and expand their imaginations. Every week is something new and exciting.
Seriously, the kids don’t want to leave!
Our teachers are certified art education professionals teaching kids how to make their art dreams come true. Teacher-student ratio is 6-1 so your child gets lots of attention. Our popular art camps have been in the Cincinnati area for over 30 years. Katie and Mindy will be back to teach pottery wheel. Megan, Kayla, and Nancy will be teaching all of the creative camps.
We have the best pottery wheel camp in the city! Every student (ages 6 and up) gets their own pottery wheel for the week to explore the joy and skill of throwing. Glazing techniques and some hand building rounds out this introductory camp. To improve skill level, the class can be taken multiple times and proceed to Intensive Wheel at the end of the summer. Or if you are at least 8 years old, you can take Pottery Wheel Camp All DAY!
For those parents who are working or on the go, we offer before and after camp care.
Before care starts at 8:30 and after care ends at 5:30.
Morning camps are 10:00 am to 12:30 pm. Afternoon camps are 1:30 pm to 4:00 pm.
If a camper signs up for the whole day there will be a 1 hour supervised lunch period.
If more than one camp is purchased, discounts are applied.